Some bird species are considered a real nuisance for businesses.
Problems and Health Risks
Different types of bird species
- House sparrows
The presence of pigeons and other birds can result in a range of problems. These can include:
- Attracting ticks, cockroaches and rats.
- Damage to buildings and monuments due to the highly corrosive nature of acid in pigeon droppings.
- Damage to properties by pigeons roosting/breeding in roof spaces, rolled steel joists and inside factory units.
- Debris from roosting flocks building up, causing gutters and drains to block, damage to roofs and other
Structures, and creating potential fire hazards.
- Extensive damage to air-conditioning units and other roof top machinery.
- Hygiene concerns due to pigeon droppings in/on industrial, commercial, and domestic buildings.
- Providing a vector for the introduction of weeds and disease.
- Increasing the risk of disease and parasite transmission between feral, domestic and seabird populations.
- Escalating costs through public liability insurance from slipping on dropping build up.
Birds carry diseases
Transmit diseases, even particularly nasty ones such as SARS, and spread disease such as Salmonella which is a severe form of food poisoning. The Salmonella bacteria can be found in the bird droppings and also in the eggs of infected Birds. Fungal airborne diseases are also a problem with infected birds and we can develop quite serious illnesses not unlike a severe form of flu.
Birds can offer a safe haven for fleas and bird mites. The fleas and mites are feeding off the birds in their nest and when the birds leave their nest these little predators come searching for us. The bites from Bird Mites can be quite painful and flea and mite populations can build up very quickly.
These options can include exclusion such as proofing the building and it’s surrounds and netting. We can also offer physical deterrents such as spikes and electric shock systems. These shock systems won’t kill or injure the birds but make it very uncomfortable for the bird to be there. There are high pitched audio devices which have proven successful as well. These devices cannot be heard by us and will not irritate your pets either – but birds really dislike them.
Methods we can use to bird proof your business or house.
- Bird Netting
- Bird Spikes
- Bird Trapping
- Bird Removal
- Bird Control Agents
- Bird Deterrents
- Bird Wire
- Bird Slopes
- Bird Tracks
- Bird Proofing
674 total views, 1 views today